First of all: I will be away for a month beginning April 21. Sorry!!! This means you might want to stock up like crazy on bread now (or else use this as an opportunity to try out that gluten-free diet you have been hearing about). Either way, I will be baking as usual next week (and then back on
May 21 May 28). Please don't hesitate to contact me if you want to order or if you have any questions.
tuesday april 16 (order before 9pm on sunday)
country levain ($4): mostly-white loaf with some whole wheat & rye thrown in.
gruyere bread (bread of the day, $5): good gruyere cheese in a dark base.
grainy sandwich bread ($5): with millet, rye, sunflower seeds, flax....
friday april 19 (order before 9pm on wednesday)
country levain ($4).
IPA-rye (bread of the day, $5): a light rye made with one of San Diego's best bitter-floral-hoppy beers.
where to get your bread
– You can pick up from either: Mission Hills (any time), University Heights (any time), UCSD campus (noon), or Scripps Institution of Oceanography (afternoon).
– Alternatively, I can deliver directly if you live in this area (morning).
– Ordinarily, you can sign up for a subscription: $20 gets you a "bread of the day" (on either tuesday or friday) for the next four weeks. Since I'll be out of town, it's probably easier to wait until May to start a new subscription.
– If you have a subscription and you want to change it up (e.g. you have a Tuesday subscription but want the Friday bread-of-the-day), it's no problem – just let me know before the order deadline.
– You can still order individual loaves if you aren't ready for a subscription just yet.
– If you plan on ordering bread often, you are welcome to just give me $20 in advance and I will keep track of your credit so you don't need to worry about paying each time.